Volunteers help in various ways by helping to maintain our natural areas in the Badger Mill Creek Environmental Corridor (BMC). The corridor contains two important Verona parks: East View Heights Sanctuary and Military Ridge Reserve, which is separated by a Dane County Natural Resource Area. In addition, the Ice Age Trail runs through these parks. We cherish our volunteers and offer a beautiful setting to fulfill your volunteer time. Please join us! Volunteers perform a wide range of tasks including but not limited to:
- Prairie seeding and planting: Spreading prairie seeds.
- Weed control: BMC is continuing our restoration effort by removing non-woody invasive species like garlic mustard and parsnip). This opportunity takes place from April through June.
- Invasive tree and brush removal. BMC is restoring the Oak Tree line near the Military Ridge Reserve by removing invasive species and non-native plants, allowing native plants and trees to thrive.
- Maintaining the Badger Mill Creek Environmental Corridor (i.e., mowing, brush cutting).
- Writing (grants, newsletters, educational materials).
- Administration (committee work).
- Other miscellaneous items.